forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <>
Subject Re: Tabs and menu (was: RE: bert skin added)
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 07:49:48 GMT
At 02:25 3/06/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Bert Van Kets wrote:
> > Thanks David.
> > I'm working on the menu and tabs now.  The problem I'm having is in
> knowing
> > what file is selected in the sub menu's.  Seems the Cocoon site is still
> > having the same problem.
> >
> > Steven, is your "book.xml on steroids" coping with this problem, or need I
> > go further on this?
>the idea would be to pass the current request URI as a parameter to the
>book2menu.xsl (nothing special, you get the picture).

I got that running, no prob.  but check out some sub menus on and you will see that no menu entry is "selected"
when you are viewing the content.  We need to go deeper to get the sub
menus working correctly.

>Why not move the
>tabs in a separate pipeline, too, with an accompagnying book2tabs.xsl.

That is certainly necessary.  I'm working on this.  If you take a directory
structure to select the correct tab (I did in my project) you have a
serious limitation on number of directories.  The current directory
structure is usable, but can we live with this limitation.
In the docs build the selection will be based on root + community/* selection.

>Using the steroid stuff, we'd move from book.xml to libre.xml - I'll
>commit a sample of its current configuration this afternoon. We're still
>in the process of deciding where libre should go, since it has a scope
>which is broader then forrest/cocoon - it could be possible we post it at
>SF and include a libre.jar in forrest.
> > The Tabs have the same problem.  It's not clear to me whether tabs span a
> > sub-directory or a certain number of book.xml files.  I'll have to check
> > the archives, unless someone can fill me in here.
> > What's the selection criteria for the tab?  The most obvious one is "the
> > user selected it", but that needs to be stored somewhere.  Where????
>An extra pipeline to start with IMO. I need to run right now, but maybe
>the top level directories in src/documentation/content/xdocs should be
>reflected as tabs... opinions on this?

View raw message