forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: Tabs and menu (was: RE: bert skin added)
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 07:49:48 GMT
At 02:25 3/06/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Bert Van Kets wrote:
>
> > Thanks David.
> > I'm working on the menu and tabs now.  The problem I'm having is in
> knowing
> > what file is selected in the sub menu's.  Seems the Cocoon site is still
> > having the same problem.
> >
> > Steven, is your "book.xml on steroids" coping with this problem, or need I
> > go further on this?
>
>the idea would be to pass the current request URI as a parameter to the
>book2menu.xsl (nothing special, you get the picture).

I got that running, no prob.  but check out some sub menus on
xml.apache.org/cocoon and you will see that no menu entry is "selected"
when you are viewing the content.  We need to go deeper to get the sub
menus working correctly.

>Why not move the
>tabs in a separate pipeline, too, with an accompagnying book2tabs.xsl.

That is certainly necessary.  I'm working on this.  If you take a directory
structure to select the correct tab (I did in my project) you have a
serious limitation on number of directories.  The current directory
structure is usable, but can we live with this limitation.
In the docs build the selection will be based on root + community/* selection.

Bert