forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@wkwyw.net>
Subject How-To switch to Forrest
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:57:39 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 25, 2002, at 05:53  PM, J.Pietschmann wrote:
>
>> Is there an HOWTO-easy-switch-to-forrest? In particular,
>> is there a package which can be distributed with a project
>> so that users can build their docs at home?
>

> I recently discovered such a how-to (along with others) within Krysalis.
> It's a great start. I'm sure when Cocoon completes the transition
> process  we'll have a lot of helpful content to add to such a doc. I
> know I have some ideas.

I am the author of the How-To's in Krysalis, if you want to take any
from there and stick them into Forrest I have no objects (and I am sure
Nicola won't either). However, at present, they are very simple and
cover the old version of Forrest in Centipede. I have not had the time
to keep up with the changes over here (DTD changes, tabs, libre etc.),
perhaps someone can help me along by updating them to reflect the
changes over here.

The how-to's in question are not yet live so if you want to read them
you need to get Centipede from CVS and look at them locally (Nicola, any
chance of updating the Centipede web site to save people the hassle?).

Ross