forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Stylebook transition
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:53:51 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Then you start seeing why Cocoon is not just ant++ for xml.

I knew this already. The point was what follows:
>>- How are users building Apache software at home from
>>  scratch supposed to generate documentation? Using
>>  Cocoon CLI seems to be a bit large to expect.
>
> Granted. But we could package a very simple cocoon-light.jar file which
> would not be bigger than 200Kb and requires you Xerces and Xalan, just
> like your ant scripts would.

Do you have such a package at hand? Or some guidelines
how to get it (other than trial-and-error). Is avalon
included in the size calculation? FOP uses LogKit and
A-Framework, only Excalibur appears to be in need to be
added, but what about other projects?

> Why do you want to rewrite something that is already available? You were
> using stylebook and that didn't bother you that much, why switching to
> forrest is that painful?

I am bothered with stylebook, one issue being that I don't
know anything about how it works.

Is there an HOWTO-easy-switch-to-forrest? In particular,
is there a package which can be distributed with a project
so that users can build their docs at home?

J.Pietschmann