forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [Fwd: Re: Use Cases [was Re: [RT] SpitScript - B-Logic that doesn't suck ( Re: [RT] Flowmaps)]]
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:17:54 GMT
Nicola, it seems Ovidiu is building what we were trying to describe this
afternoon in our chat.

Ovidiu, this is one of the current missing links for Forrest.

All, Nicola & I came to the conclusion that we need a live Cocoon
instance for true experimentation on collaborative webbased editing for
documentation, and this should be part of Forrest. If we can't convince
infrastructure@apache.org to set it up on nagoya from the beginning, my
company is currently investigating whether we could sponsor this (i.e.
colocating a dedicated box for this purpose).

Regards,

</Steven>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Use Cases [was Re: [RT] SpitScript - B-Logic that doesn't	suck   (
Re: [RT] Flowmaps)]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:11:57 -0700
From: Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
CC: <danielf@nada.kth.se>

<bigsnip/>

I started working on a simple documentation system which allows
documentation to be published, and give user the ability to add notes to
each page. I said this in the past too, I really like the way the PHP
documentation system is setup. For an example check out:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.constants.php

I want to implement a similar system using Cocoon, flow scripts and Castor
as a mapping tool between a relational database and Java objects. This is a
non-trivial example which I hope shows how the separation of concerns is
enforced in this design.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@apache.org>