forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: draft forrest toolbar for Mozilla
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:54:45 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Ken, this sounds great but i cannot see it yet.
> Linux: ./build.sh forrestbar ... all OK
> Edit preferences to enabled "Software Installation".
> File Open: build/xml-forrest/forrestbar.xpi
> followed the dialogs ... says install OK.
>
> I tried every menu option and preferences but see
> nothing forrest-like. I even tried re-start Mozilla.

Hmmm...

On W2k and Mozilla 1.0 it works on my system...
The thing one must be sure of is that the Mozilla quicklaunch must also
be restarted for changes to have effect.
The rule of the thumb on my system is that if I see the Mozilla logo, it
has restarted correctly.

Look under the chrome dir in the Mozilla installation.

You should see the forrestbar.jar and have it listed with something like
   <RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:package:forrestbar" ...

in chrome.rdf and in installed-chrome.txt.

If it's there, it's installed, so it should show if you restart...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -