forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/targets project.xtarget
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:45:35 GMT
A bit more info on this:

nicolaken@apache.org wrote:
> nicolaken    2002/06/20 03:13:45

>   Log:
>   Added a forrest toolbar for Mozilla 1.0.
>
>   to build it: build forrestbar
>
>   To install it doubleclick on the forrestbar.xpi package in the build dir.
>   To install a new version, do the same.
>   To uninstall, do it by hand (Mozilla still doesn't have an uninstall system :-/)

This is a first shot of a Forrest Toolbar for Mozilla 1.0.
The sources of it all are under resources/forrestbar.

What is needed now is:
- feedback on what is missing-what is to remove
- more complex feature requests
- icons (yup, get workin', Bert :-)

There is no uninstall, because it has to be done by hand as with all
other current Mozilla tools.
They haven't come round to making uninstall automatic AFAIK; when the
bar is agreed on, I might as well come round to making uninstall.

To upgrade, no problem: just run the install again (ie doubleclick on
the forrestbar.xpi) and the new version will supplant the old.

Anyway, it works, and there is also an icon of Sam Ruby (I think it's
him), that could point to the FAQs, which I call askSam ;-) or send a
mail to the mailing list.

Keep in mind that we can put all sorts of stuff there, and also come up
with a dialog to send documentation stuff...

Just try it and get your imagination working... :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -