forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: validation targets and v10 DTDs
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:55:15 GMT
crossley@apache.org wrote:
> crossley    2002/06/19 23:20:48
>
>   Modified:    src/resources/schema catalog catalog.xcat
>                src/resources/schema/entity ISOlat1.pen
>   Added:       src/resources/schema/dtd/v10 changes-v10.dtd characters.ent
>                         document-v10.dtd faq-v10.dtd todo-v10.dtd
>   Log:
>   Add v10 DTDs from Cocoon, to assist with transformation to v11 DTDs.

David, is it really needed to have the v10 DTDs inside Forrest? For the
sake of upgrading documents from v10 to v11, we don't really need them,
and adding them means people will start to use them and will not feel
the need to migrate to the new version.

Another minor quibble is the Ant-specific catalog file. This means we
now have to maintain three separate files for the exact same purpose. I
would have preferred to wait for Ant catching up on standardized
external entity catalog support instead. Another possibility would be
adding an Ant style task which generates the other catalog formats from
one canonical format.

Not that I'm not happy seeing you adding validation targets to Forrest;
you know that!

Thanks,

</Steven>