forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multilingual sites
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:39:23 GMT
Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> One small problem with the below snippet: how would you validate your
> content against the DTD that permits only one title element? I don't know
> how XML specification interpret elements with xml:lang attribute.
>
>>>From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>

Dang! Houston, we have a problem.

Could this solve it?

     This goes with all languages.
   <i:part>
    <i:n lang="en">Here's a paragraph</i:n>
    <i:n lang="fr">Voici un paragraphe</i:n>
   </i:part>

Not that it's pretty 8-S

> What do you think, if one will need current i18n transformer features and
> filtering based on xml:lang at the same time?

I think that we would need both approaches, one for small reused
snippets, and another for "meat" content.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -