forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: DTD questions
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 21:30:05 GMT
Well, the problems still remain. Here a short form:

1. Make titles elements. This is a show-stopper for me.
  I'd take vetoes as cause to fork my own DTDs for FOP.
2. Handle links similarly, either provide all with an
  @anchor, or none. I'd prefer the latter, because of less
  ambiguity and for consistence with topic maps.
3. Provide more precise guidelines for when to use which
  link element than on
   http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/document-v11.html
4. Provide a mechanism for avoiding having the same target
  href in lots of links scattered all over the place, for
  the sake of easy maintainability of the hrefs.

Is this concise enough to get some decisions (not necessarily
final code) on short order?

J.Pietschmann