forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: draft forrest toolbar for Mozilla
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:29:39 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Ken, this sounds great but i cannot see it yet.
> > Linux: ./build.sh forrestbar ... all OK
> > Edit preferences to enabled "Software Installation".
> > File Open: build/xml-forrest/forrestbar.xpi
> > followed the dialogs ... says install OK.
> >
> > I tried every menu option and preferences but see
> > nothing forrest-like. I even tried re-start Mozilla.
>
> Hmmm...
>
> On W2k and Mozilla 1.0 it works on my system...
> The thing one must be sure of is that the Mozilla quicklaunch must also
> be restarted for changes to have effect.
> The rule of the thumb on my system is that if I see the Mozilla logo, it
> has restarted correctly.
>
> Look under the chrome dir in the Mozilla installation.
>
> You should see the forrestbar.jar and have it listed with something like
>    <RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:package:forrestbar" ...
>
> in chrome.rdf and in installed-chrome.txt.
>
> If it's there, it's installed, so it should show if you restart...

Got it now, thanks Ken. Your tips helped me to track it
down to a file permissions issue with
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.0/chrome/
Even though the XPI install said all was OK, it was not.

Now i see it. This is excellent.

Forrest should have a community doc where we list such
tools as forrestbar, config files for XMetaL, etc.
--David