forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: minor issue with upgraded Ant jars
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:14:06 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >>I was going to update Forrest's Ant jars to ant-1.5Beta2,
> >>but there is a small hitch ... or is there?
> >
> >>	at XmlPropertyTask.execute(XmlPropertyTask.java:102)
> >
> > line 102 is a comment in front of the constructor in the
> > source of 1.5beta2.
> >
> > Oh wait - 1.5beta2 has a built-in XmlPropertyTask which lives
> > in org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs, not the anonymous package.
> > Are you <taskdef>ing xmlproperty somewhere?
>
> in init.xtarget:
>
>   <taskdef name="xml-property"
>            classname="XmlPropertyTask"
>            classpath="${tools.anttasks.dir}"/>
>
> the Ant task was submitted by me, and is the enhanced version
> of the XmlPropertyTask :-)
>
> The 0.2 Centipede started using it, but this is still 0.1.
>
> Ok, let's port to the new Centipede to get the new Ant, I'll do it.
> Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I'll do my best, since I'm
> starting to need it (ie it's itching ever more ;-)

Thanks Ken, that would be excellent. Forrest would greatly
benefit from having you do it. I do not have the expertise
and we have very little active committers.

I suppose that there are other stuff that we need to upgrade.
Cocoon should probably wait till 2.0.3 due soon. What about
Avalon jars?
--David