forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: build docs failed
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:40:32 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> c-i-e@gmx.de wrote:
> > The error shown after "Buildings docs... please wait":
> > Error 10241, could not configure Cocoon environment
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at org.apache.*and so on*
> > [...]
> > Error trying to load configurations [...]
> > build.xml:207: Java returned: 1.
> >
> > I am new to forrest and want to use it via centipede, but would like to
> > create own skins for our projects. Can someone tell me, whats wrong?
> >
> > Greets,
> >
> > Hans
> >
> > --
> > GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
> > http://www.gmx.net
>
> Would you provide more information please - your operating
> system, and a little more of the error log messages.
>
> Build works fine for me on Linux and was working over the
> last weekend too ...
> ./build.sh clean docs
> or (to use the current development skin) ...
> ./build.sh clean docs -Duse.skin=bert
>
> --David

Aha, perhaps this is the cause. You mention above that
you want to use Forrest "via Centipede". Perhaps your
problems are rather with Centipede. You have contacted
the forrest-dev mailing list, and the current xml-forrest
CVS has no build problems.

I provided the first answer based on the assumption that
you are directly using current Forrest CVS sources, but
it sounds like you might not be.
--David