forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: readying the cross-project build environment
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:57:47 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Before going further with readying some examples of libre,
> I was thinking of progressing in the area of cross-project builds,
> i.e. having our forrestbot ready for building other documentation
> targets than the Forrest documentation itself.

Yes good idea to get some movement in this area. This will
swell our troops. We could each address our own local needs
for documentation too. This brings more people to work on the
overall issues. It also encourages the other Apache projects
to start experimenting.

> Marc and I have been discussing this a bit over the day, and we came up
> with the following scheme:

<snip good stuff, agree/>

Do they also need provision to mount their own sub-sitemap?

I imagine that most stuff will be handled by the main Forrest
src/resources/conf/sitemap.xmap
i.e. matches for todo- faq- changes- book- howto- etc.

Their project.xtarget snippet will define the name of their
skin parameter and the top bar navigation links.

However, i do wonder if they need a way to handle other things.
For example, they might have a collection of task-*.xml and
a task2document.xsl etc.

Perhaps this is a wish for the future. We probably have
enough tools to get started.
--David