forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: CVS: line-endings UNIX/DOS
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 02:16:51 GMT
I think that i have found one cause of the line-endings
problem. The new files that Steven committed yesterday
have dos line endings. These were received directly from
someone on a Windows system. I gather that committers need
to verify new files before 'cvs add' them.

When i deal with a patch, then i look at the diffs with my
text-editor which immediately shows that it needs dos2unix.
I do this regardless, because i am not clear whether
the 'patch' program deals with mixed line-endings.
Does anyone know?

I just fixed the few files that were added yesterday.
However, i do not know whether this new image needs
some attention:
 src/resources/skins/bert/images/label.gif

--David