forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DocBook vs Open eBook
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:54:26 GMT

Good to know your opinion Stefano.

Obviously I don't have enough experience with maintaining Cocoon
documentation and I am not even a contributor to Forrest, so all my
suggestions have little merit, compared to the people that actually commit
docs.

DocBook has been bashed by other people as well.

Open eBook is using the Dublin Core standard as well as many XHTML tags.
It's intention is to allow authors to use markup which can be then rendered
on different devices, from PDAs to PCs to print. Some browsers will use all
the markup some will ignore it partially. The spec has guidelines for this.

Anyhow, I hate to distract people who are working hard to get Forrest going,
so I guess we can pick up this discussion later.

I agree that this is FAQ though, are you submitting your thoughts to Diana
for addition in the docs?

Ivelin