forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject http://www.openebook.org/ compliance?
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 01:25:24 GMT

I don't remember this being discussed here,
so I'll ask.

Have we considered compliance with the OpenBook initiative.
It appears to be a major undertaking in the publishing industry.
http://www.openebook.org/

The xml markup appears to be a superset of document-v10.
Issues like resource referencing through a catalog of links have been
addressed.
(This is related to the issue Rob and I discussed recently. The solution is
similar too, using ids for each link.)

Forrest can probably style just a subset of the markup for the web site.
However if the documents are stored as OpenBooks, then publishing in other
formats including printed media will be simpler. This is valuable especially
for documentation.

Thoughts?

Ivelin