forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Forrest is running :-)
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 13:58:14 GMT
On Wed, 29 May 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

>> and the first thing *I* would do was getting rid of build.sh
>> completely, I want *my* Ant, not Forrest's Ant to do the job.
>
> Well, I know what your opinion about this is, and I see your
> points.

The emphasis on my person in the paragraph above stems from the fact
that my version of Ant will certainly always be newer than the one
coming with Forrest of Centipede.

No problem with providing a simple build environment for the average
user, but completely bypassing the users environemnt (and unsetting
ANT_HOME if present) is not nice.  You should at least document that
it will never use the user's "normal" version of Ant.

> In fact, we need to run these targets with different values, because
> of all the different sites we have to generate.

I understand.

Stefan