forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/documentation/skins/forrest-site/xslt/html document2html.xsl
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 13:13:42 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]

> > Just one comment. I don't quite like the idea of this kind of URL:
> > ../../resources/images/wink_smile.png? It's much better to
> have it like
> > this 'images/wink_smile.png' and use sitemap entry to read
> the image from
> > its actual location.
>
> Which brings me to this problem: if we make the sitemap do it
> (and I agree
> that it's the correct way), we will have the images copied
> all over the
> site, in every dir in which they are used.

I know most of you feel images should be put in a separate library, I'm
just one of these strange guys who thinks they should be close to the
referring XML document, or at least we have the liberty of putting them
where we want them to be (hence my previous suggestion in that
direction).

They shouldn't be stored in src/documentation/resources/images in the
first place, but in src/documentation/content/images (next to xdocs) if
we decide on a central location (if!).

Strangely enough the CLI run of the primer was showing the images OK,
whereas the webapp was showing broken images when I was still using the
"../../resources/blabla.png" src attr (which I happened to use because
of XMetal giving me a preview of the image in the editor, then). Now I'm
using the 'correct' src "images/blabla.png", build docs & webapp work
fine, but no preview in XMetal anymore :-(

</Steven>