forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: Troubles with doc generation
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 13:39:11 GMT
Konstantin (this becomes a habit!),

> May I ask a question? How do you setup a working environment
> for document
> development? I am trying to update my document and use the
> v11 DTD, but it
> is a Cocoon document and it would be fine to have links to
> JavaDocs in it.
>
> Usually, I setup XML Spy to transform my document to HTML to
> see how it look
> like. But it does not support Entity catalogs and I have to
> use some hacky
> ways to make it work.

Hm. I'm primarly working with Forrest these days, and I stick to
command-line operation (Cygwin on W2K). For document editing, I use
XMetal ($$) which supports OASIS catalogs. I happen to have pretty good
contacts with Altova, so I'll ask them whether catalog support is
feasible/planned. For rendering the pages, I just depend on the build
script that comes with Forrest.

Maybe some others can post there experiences with XXE, I know Sylvain
and Stefano are pretty happy with it.

</Steven>