forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: new community section
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 10:13:02 GMT
Diannnna,

I have difficulties applying your patch on my local copy.

When doing a 'patch -u --dry-run < diffs' on my machine (Cygwin), I
receive multiple warnings like this:

Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|===================================================================
|RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/xml-forrest/src/documentation/library/xslt/howto2documen
t.xsl,v
|retrieving revision 1.1
|diff -u -r1.1 howto2document.xsl
|--- src/documentation/library/xslt/howto2document.xsl  19 May 2002
21:06:44 -0000      1.1
|+++ src/documentation/library/xslt/howto2document.xsl  23 May 2002
20:20:12 -0000
File to patch: <prompt>

I fill in the prompt as requested, and patch continues, uptil however:

patch: **** malformed patch at line 312:

What's the purpose of "howto-bugzilla-patch copy.xml" in
src\documentation\content\xdocs\community\howto\bugzilla-patch?

Warning: I'm not too comfortable yet with diff and patch, so this could
also be my problem. But I'm trying really hard ;-)

Happy planting!

</Steven>