forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: Wish/Dream List for Document DTD
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 09:35:39 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]

> As the use of the old DTD showed us, link clones are at best
> confusing, and
> not well understood.
> This happens because we have different tags with the same meaning, but
> different behaviour.
>
> Attributes should be used in these cases, so I agree.
>
> <link href="" [ref=""] [external="true|false"] />
>
> href: url
> ref: id to jump to
> external= true if the link points to a resource that is out of context

As far as my forrest-skin XSLT's are concerned, we currently are
supporting both <link> (external links) and <jump> (internal links). I'm
kinda used to having different link element for different purposes, but
I couldn't care less if this is voted differently by the group. I'm +0.5
on Nicola's suggestion, so just throw up a vote and I'll patch the DTD's
according to the result of that vote.

</Steven> (primer almost done!)