forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Forrest site soft launch
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 13:01:46 GMT
Dear all,

in case your friends/colleagues/partners were wondering what kept you so
busy during the past few weeks, or in case you have been lurking so far
and hesitating to checkout the CVS module, you can now refer
them/yourself to http://xml.apache.org/forrest/.

Some caveats:

- this is the status as-is, we are happily awaiting contributions from
Bert and Rob to fix cross-browser compatibility issues (check
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=102214360700001&r=1&w=2)
- the site isn't currently linked from the frontpage and I prefer to
keep it that way until we ironed out the afore-mentioned issues
- while the forrest site gets automatically republished every six hours
out of the xml-site cvs module (thanks to Sam), the updated version
isn't automatically checked in, yet, but Nicola and I are working on
that. [1]

We aren't nearly finished yet, so keep up the good work!

</Steven>

[1] We have set up a server that fetches Forrest from CVS and executes
the docs target. This will be expanded with a forrest.xml descriptor,
listing the location of other projects' documentation sources as well.
We are currently able to deploy the resulting site using scp to
http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/ automatically and will do the same
using CVS for http://xml.apache.org/forrest/.