forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject skins discussion [was: RE: new skin]
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 09:13:24 GMT
> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]

> I am all for optimizing the one I created, based on
> Stefano's design.

I don't want to crash the party, and given the skin-approach of Forrest,
everybody is free to add as many skins to Forrest as they want to (and
we should be happy making them part of the CVS repository, as long as
someone is committed to maintain them). But for the time being, and
since apparently we're finally getting somewhere with the
infrastructural part of running Forrest (hopefully using ASF equipment),
I'd prefer to stick with one skin as the reference implementation (and
default for Forrest runs) so that we can move forward with it.

I'll commit the skin Bert has made over the past week within an hour or
so, I would propose everybody taking a good look at it, and give it a
go.

I'll post a vote after a week making Bert's skin the default skin for
the time being.

</Steven>