forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject forrest.xconf [conciseness isn't my middle name]
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 12:32:10 GMT
There was a mentioning of forrest.xml which specifies the projects to be
included in a Forrest-run.

I have it a go, bearing in mind:

 * a choice of protocols (scp, anonymous cvs and cvs across ssh)
 * the option to define a skin per project
 * defaulting
 * 'special', i.e. static information that needs to be moved, too (i.e.
Javadoc et al.)

I haven't spend *any* thought on implementations issues yet, except that
we might perhaps translate this file using XSLT to some Ant build
descriptor.

A DTD, sample file and graphical representation is attached.

Please comment, I have *no* strong emotional feelings about this
proposal other than that we need such a thing. Oh... come to think of
it... well, I wouldn't like this to be specified in a Java properties
file ;-)

</Steven>