forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: double height?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 15:28:01 GMT
> From: Robert Koberg [mailto:rob@koberg.com]

<snip type="lots of good intentions, thank you"/>

> I am not too
> familiar with how things work, but I can commit changes
> through CVS. I
> just did not think I would be allowed to commit such things.
> Is there a
> page that describes the procedure?

Rob,

thanks for bearing with my bossiness :-)

The idea is that you provide us with a *patch* instead of a collection
of files to be dropped in CVS - you don't have commit access to the
repository (which might change depending on your contributions and
willingness to collaborate ;-)

if you have set up cvs correctly on your side, you should be able to
provide us with a 'unified diff' - which is the changes you made to your
local copy of the forrest module in one neatly packaged file

in a commandline environment, it is as simple as 'cvs diff -u' and
piping the content of the result of that command into a file, which you
can compress and post on the mailing list

Please review http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/contrib.html to get some more
info on the process

is that OK with you?

regards,