forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: [Patch]: Addition for howto-cvs-ssh.xml
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 12:13:58 GMT
Good doc :)

Just a couple of things; 2401 is cvs's port, 22 is ssh.  If you are using
cvs, or anything for that matter, over ssh you only need port 22 open
on a firewall.

If you need anonymous cvs access you need 2401.

Cygwin isn't a prerequisite for a linux machine ;) and "Setting up domain
users"
is only of use with cygwin.

Perhaps it would be better to have:

1. Intro to commit status
2. Windows Tools
2.1 WinCVS
2.2 Cygwin
2.2.1 Domain users
3. SSH access

?

Anyway, the information's there, although we possibly should say
that having an empty passphrase isn't recommended :D

You might also want to remove the lines

$ ssh -l userxxx -L 2401:localhost:2401 cvs.apache.org

and just use

$ ssh userxxx@cvs.apache.org

J.

of this email.