forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: new skin
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 09:10:56 GMT
> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
>
> I have created a "bert" skin and built the forrest site with it.
> You can see the result at www.dream-models.com/xml-forrest.
> Some adjustments still need to be done to CSS.
> I did not add any extra functionality like automatic path are
> paging _yet_.
> The page is compliant to CSS1 and almost to W3C HTML
> transitional.  I only
> need to get rid of some linefeeds at the bottom of the page.
> Check it out and let me know if it's ok.

Looks good here (WinNT 4.0, IE 5.5).
I've took a look at the HTML in DreamWeaver - it seems that you had hard
times with all that small adjusting images (one image, to be exact). Great
job, Bert! Are your skins ready to be committed?

A few suggestions:
	- I'd suggest to make the 'HowTos' a tab to show how the page look
like with more than one tab
	- modify the stylesheet to display the current tab and the current
menu item (tell me if you need help with this one)

A minor corrections:
	- originally, section names in menu were also white and bold. Black
on blue is not read well.
	- you don't have a space between 'by' and 'Steven'
	- the content font seems to me a little larger than it was
originally - it can be a matter of taste, but, IMO, Verdana fonts are not
read good when the size is more than 10pt.
	- you don't have the copyright sign (you know where)
	- some tables on the 'primer' page are too wide and cause a
horizontal scrolling to appear on my 1024 х 768 resolution display

Regards,
  Konstantin

P.S. Dream models site now looks much better. Nice pictures! ;)
I see three icons at the right side of the page caption, but they don't have
links. Is it Ok?