forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Skins all over the built site
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 08:46:56 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]

> > > It's a deficiency of the Cocoon crawler. Even worse: the
> > > crawler does 3
> > > (three!) separate 'requests' of each page. Since we
> depend heavily on
> > > the CLI interface of Cocoon and it seems one of the
> lesser known/used
> > > parts of this wonderful environment, we could live with
> > > someone willing
> > > to 'own' this piece of code. Volunteers?
> >
> > Isn't it possible to set filters on the crawler, like:
> exclude="**.jpg"
> and
> > copy all the needed resources using Ant? I'll take a look
> at it as time
> > allows.
>
> -1 Let's fix this in Cocoon itself, since it's a Cocoon CLI "bug".

Is it really a bug? Looking at the source:

    public SimpleCocoonCrawlerImpl() {
        // by default include everything
        includeCrawlingURL = null;
        // by default exclude common image patterns
        excludeCrawlingURL = null;   // <==== will changing this to
something like "*.{jpg|gif|png|css}" do the work?
    }

If only this is the problem then I'll fix it.
What is the desired behavior? Is it Ok if the images and css files are not
copied at all?

> > I don't care about 3 requests as long as it doesn't take
> much time to
> > rebuild the docs.
>
> Which is the second point to fix : make CLI not regenerate
> docs that are
> already ok.

I'll investigate this problem too.

KP