forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: new community section
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 16:20:36 GMT
> From: John Morrison [mailto:john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com]
> > Also, the generated date should be YYYY-MM-DD rather than the
> > confusing DD/MM/YY or is it MM/DD/YY
>
> +1 yyyy-mm-dd is the only date format I don't get confused when
> reading a document and I'm unsure as to whether the author
> is UK or US based.
>
> If it's an issue, I'm sure some fancy xsl could be written
> to transform it as desired (or can we use the I18N transformer?).

XSLT does not support date formatting (it is proposed in XSLT 2.0 only).
Using i18n transformer for date formatting is a little overhead, moreover,
I'm not sure that it will work without an according dictionary (which is not
needed in this case).

But fortunately this problem was easier to solve then it seemed: directory
generator supports dateFormat parameter.

Konstantin