forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [Patch]: Addition for howto-cvs-ssh.xml
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 12:49:26 GMT
> From: Morrison, John [mailto:John.Morrison@uk.experian.com]
> > > Anyway, the information's there, although we possibly should say
> > > that having an empty passphrase isn't recommended :D
> >
> > Having a passphrase would require to enter it on every
> > command - do we need
> > it? ;)
>
> try
>
> $ man ssh-agent
>
> and, if you downloaded it, keychain (its a cygwin package)

It seems that we need to add another section about it. Would you like to
write it? (I've never used ssh-agent).

> > > You might also want to remove the lines
> > >
> > > $ ssh -l userxxx -L 2401:localhost:2401 cvs.apache.org
> > >
> > > and just use
> > >
> > > $ ssh userxxx@cvs.apache.org
> >
> > Why? Personally, without them I wouldn't realize that port 22
> > is closed on
> > our firewall ;)
>
> That, perhaps, should have been replace.  I only used the first
> method before I found the second.  Oh, and the -C option is nice :)

The second works only with the newer versions of ssh. (It didn't work with a
2 years old version that was the only one I could find on my HDD at home.
Maybe just 'ssh -l userxxx cvs.apache.org' will do?).

KP