forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: page update
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 11:20:48 GMT
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> > From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
> > Subject: page update
> >

> > Hi all,
> > I've updated the page a little to comply to the first
> > remarks.  Since these
> > were pretty small I could do them quickly.
> > I copied the menu and the content from the current home page and
> > implemented a subset of the current stylesheet.  I tested the
> > CSS to CSS1
> > rules and I only get complaints about the hover pseudo class,
> > since that
> > doesn't exist in CSS officially.
>
> Well done, Bert.
>
> The HTML is reasonably clean, sizing goes well, setting the font-size
> too. I'd personally like to see as much of the <font>
> elements move to a
> CSS approach as well, unless this would mean alienating the NS4 users.
> Maybe we should set a bounty for each <font> and <table> element that
> still can be avoided without breaking this elderly browser, and
> hopefully Mozilla 1 gets released soon for those platforms that are
> still forced to use NS4.

What about separate stylesheets for 5.x+ and old the other browsers?
Mainaining 2 different stylesheets won't be much difficult. We can have two
versions of the site: Advanced and Simple, that can be choosed by the user
using a link on the front page (or maybe some setting in httpd can be used
to select the needed content depending on the User-Agent).

What do you think?

Konstantin