forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Browser checkout
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 08:08:53 GMT
A pair of comments below

> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
> Hi Rob,
> At 17:12 26/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:

<snip />

> Besides, I was
> pretty sure the menu system would be built up in a different
> way.  The
> design from Stefano clearly suggests a dynamic menu (using
> client side
> JavaScript?).  Any opinions from the group?

It was the same idea that I had, but there was a long thread about the
dynamic menu and the decision was made to avoid any JS for menu etc. I've
also had a version with show/hide menu.

My personal opinion still remains that same: for documentation menu it's
very useful to have dynamic JS menu (for browsers that don't support JS a
separate stylesheet can be used to display in the menu a plain way).

<snip />

> >All in all it looks good. I would suggest dumping the
> rounded corners.
> >There is no real benefit and they require many nested tables
> (table for
> >each tab...).

That was the reason why I didn't used them in the page.html.

Konstantin