forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Wish/Dream List for Document DTD
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 08:19:06 GMT
David,

> From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
> Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> <snip lots of good stuff/>
> >
> > 2. Links/References
> >
> > 	2.1 Links to resources that are not present at the
> build time break
> > the build. Any good idea on how to solve this? Maybe a
> matcher in sitemap
> > that return nothing or something like: <document>Will be added
> > later</document>>
> >
> > 	2.2 Jumps between document content. E.g.: in the list
> of supported
> > markup elements for a transformer it is needed to have
> jumps to the details
> > for that elements. Currently I've used special anchors near
> the section
> > names with the details. Having some automagics here would be fine.
>
> Please see the "links" section of the Demo document-v11
> where we have some issues with <link> and <jump>
> Some of us are very unclear about the distinction between.
> We also discussed it a bit here ...
>  Re: new demo document-v11
>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=102118987017521

Thanks for pointing me to this thread. This is exactly the same thing that I
am trying to achieve. I absolutely share this opinion:

<quot>
I remember getting very confused by the jump element (and fork
and connect) when i started writing a big doc for Cocoon.
I wanted a little table-of-contents at the top to jump to relevant
sections below. So confused that i resorted to using simple
<link href="#anchor"> which worked OK.
</quot>

Maybe we can simply vote for replacing all the 'link' clones and leaving the
one that the most people are used to? I mean simple <link href=""
[target=""] /> (not sure for the 'target')?

What are the objections?

Konstantin

> --Dav
id