forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Konstantin Piroumian as new Forrest committer
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 13:28:11 GMT
> From: Morrison, John [mailto:John.Morrison@uk.experian.com]
>
> > > Mine's are similar. The problem is some other place. There is no a
> > > kpiroumian user in /etc/passwd (as I am a domain user) and
> > the result is
> > > that CygWin uses /home/Administrator to store my ssh keys.
> > But the real
> > user
> > > is not the Administrator, but KPiroumian.
> >
> > Same here. I resorted in putting the keys in
> cygwin/home/Administrator
>
> This is an issue with the cygwin setup (IMHO).  To fix:
>
> open cygwin
> $ whoami
> administrator
> $ mkgroup -d > /etc/group
> $ mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd
> $ exit
> open cygwin
> $ whoami
> userxxx
>
> It's a cygwin FAQ :)

Wow! I am logged in!!!
Thank you very much John! Should have asked this before.

Minor addition: if there are many users in domain then mkpasswd -d will
return all of them. It's better to use grep to choose only needed users.
(Though, the idea came to me after adding all of our domain users to passwd
;)).

Konstantin

P.S. This should be added to the Committers HowTo.