forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Forrest issues on Linux
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 07:33:38 GMT
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
>
> Linux users out there,
>
> normally I'm using W2K & Cygwin for my daily work, but this morning I
> fetched Forrest from my Linux box (RH 7.2, Sun JDK 1.3.1, Ant 1.4.1).
>
> Two issues:
>
> * ./build.sh fails:
>
>    [stevenn@otsrv1 xml-forrest]$ ./build.sh docs
>    bash: ./build.sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
>
> * the Cocoon generation process fails, too, due to X missing:
>
>    [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError:
>           Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the
>           value of the DISPLAY variable.
>
> David and other Linux users: do you experience the same problem?

I'm not a Linux user, but these are two well known problems.

For the first one I can't say anything valuable, but maybe looking at the
lines 1568 - 1570 in Cocoon's build.xml will help a little.

The second problem is answered in FAQ:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq.html#faq-24
(This one more time shows how unuseful are Cocoon FAQs without categories).

Konstantin