forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Troubles with doc generation
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 12:55:40 GMT
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
>
> Hi Konstantin (I got it right this time!),

;)

> you have two links in your document who are bound to produce troubles:
>
> * <link
> href="../../apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/I18nTrans
> former.htm
> l"> which doesn't make any sense within the current Forrest document
> collection
> * <link href="../../mail-lists.html"> ditto
>
> If you get rid of the first link and correct the other one like this:
> <link href="mail-lists.html">, you'll see that everything works fine.

Thanks Steven!
I suspected that they could cause problems.

May I ask a question? How do you setup a working environment for document
development? I am trying to update my document and use the v11 DTD, but it
is a Cocoon document and it would be fine to have links to JavaDocs in it.

Usually, I setup XML Spy to transform my document to HTML to see how it look
like. But it does not support Entity catalogs and I have to use some hacky
ways to make it work.

With the advertised JEdit editor I have entity catalogs, but the
transformation is displayed in text format (and there are other problems
with transformation, maybe related to entity catalogs) and it is also not
very convenient.

> > Btw, why there is content and xdocs? What else can be in the
> > documentation/content except xdocs?
>
> images, static html, pdf, svg graphics, ...

Ah, yes, thanks.

Konstantin