forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Bentley <...@webguy.com.au>
Subject Re: new skin
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 14:54:23 GMT
> I have created a "bert" skin and built the forrest site with it.
> You can see the result at www.dream-models.com/xml-forrest.
> Some adjustments still need to be done to CSS.
> I did not add any extra functionality like automatic path are paging _yet_.
> The page is compliant to CSS1 and almost to W3C HTML transitional.  I only
> need to get rid of some linefeeds at the bottom of the page.
> Check it out and let me know if it's ok.
> Bert
>
> This mail is written in 100% recycled electrons.

I'm not able to do side by side here so not sure what's changed but -
Visually feels better to me, my eye seems to sit more easily on the content
- the blue areas seems less imposing, not sure what has changed that. The
menu is  more ordered (pun intended) so is more relaxed on my eye. also I
like the breadcrumbs navigation using colon  - more compact which tightens
up the look of it.

You have reduced the the features of the search form.. will they come back?
Also where am I searching? - all of apache? - all of Forrest? - we need
somehow to tell the user this - don't make them have to think :) - must help
the User feel in control of their destiny.

I'll do MAC full browser test Friday night but IE and Moz are solid!.

<bert>
 I had a possible job come up this morning which is direct to client so I'm
flat out doing quote which is due close of business Friday. I'll be set to
do  WAI code over weekend possibly Monday too.. I'm thinking that I should
follow your lead with XSLT and add in WAI code- do whatever other HTML
transforms I can..  whatever suites you.. Cheers.
</bert>

chris