forrest-dev mailing list archives

From car...@cvc.edu (Carlos)
Subject [Patch] [Questions] XSLT, CSS and Browser support
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 17:27:19 GMT
I have a questions related to the xml.apache.org skin (downloaded today from
CVS

1. I am looking at the Forrest XSLT sources and see the following construct

<xsl:when test="$level=1">
<xsl:value-of select="@title"/>
<hr size="1" style="color: #0086b2"/>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:when>

Wouldn't  this be best served by creating a special class for either P or
H1? Below is what I had in mind

h1.section1 {
font-size : 1.2em;
font-color : #0086b2;
font-family : verdana, helvetica, "sans serif"
}

And then leave the template as:

<xsl:when test="$level=1">
<h1 class="section1">
<xsl:value-of select="@title"/>
</h1>
<hr size="1" style="color: #0086b2"/>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:when>

2. The CSS stylesheet uses pixels as a measurement unit. Everywhere I've
read it says that pixels are not a good unit to use because they are
dependent on the monitor size (and the same font will display differently on
Mac and PCs anyway) I've attached a diff file of the CSS stylesheet with all
px measurements changed to em.

3. Has a policy been made in terms of browser support? I would like to see
Forrest supporting CSS compliant browsers only.

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.