forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject RE: no more Quirks Mode (Was: GUI Design: Cold sweat)
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 18:33:00 GMT
At 13:30 28/05/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> > From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
>
> > I have one question for the list. The last stylesheet
> > in our documentation pipeline is "site2xhtml.xsl".
> > I presume that the intention is to output XHTML. So i
> > am aiming for DTD XHTML Transitional. Does that sound OK?
> >
> > If it gets too hard, then i am going to back down and go
> > for DTD HTML 4.2 to get something started.
> >
> > Anyway, i just thought that i would let you know what
> > i am up to.
>
>I would withhold that effort until Bert has finished updating the
>forrest-site skin generating the new HTML that he is working on.

I second that.  Since the output will be generated by Forrest it's of no
use to put a doctype in the page.  Content and other stuff will also be a
factor to keep in mind.
I must admit that some things that are discussed in this thread are pretty
new to me.  I have never worried about doctypes and always used the
standard HTML transitional.  Maybe I'm in an all new ball game and should
start worrying now.

>Bert, do you have an ETA?

I'll do my best to have the skin ready by Friday.  I have been at the
funeral of my father in law today, so things are a bit crazy here.  I have
to use my spare time to get it done, so it depends on how quickly I can
migrate my HTML to XSL using the existing XSL. Actually I'm using *all* my
spare time to get it done at the moment.

>Nice work, guys!

Thanks,

Bert