forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: Site structure and sub-sitemaps
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 16:03:05 GMT
At 19:49 27/05/2002 +0400, you wrote:
>Hi, forresters!
>
>What is your opinion on sub-sitemap usage for community section (and for
>others in future)? Having all the handling in the root sitemap is not a good
>idea as showed Cocoon's experience (have you seen its root sitemap?). If
>there are no objections then was is the proposed location for subsitemaps?

Good idea!  It will make the move to a "multiple site" version
easier.  Mind that the current Cocoon 2.1 CVS does not support
sitemaps.  Carsten has broken them while upgrading some component.

>Btw, what is the reason to use matchers like 'body-**.xml' instead of
>'body/**.xml'? IMO, using directory separators is more readable than the
>current approach. (E.g., in i18n samples in C2.1-dev I used 'content/*.xml'
>and 'menu/*.xml' patterns and the result was the same).

To my opinion, there is no advantage or disadvantage.  It's just a way to
get things working.  We must decide on a convention though, to make life
easier afterwards.
I suggest using the directory separator.  It will be a lot easier for
non-cocooners to understand how the setup works once they start
implementing forrest.

Bert