forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject RE: Browser checkout
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 08:41:05 GMT
At 12:02 27/05/2002 +0400, you wrote:
> > From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
>
>Looks good here: IE 5.5, Win NT 4.0.

great

>A few comments:
>- I'd like to see how it look like with links (in menu, tabs, navbar, etc.)

I was tempted to grab some content from the current site, but that implied
using CSS and I didn't want to go that way yet.  That's step 2 for me.  I
wanted to get *something* out ASAP.

>- I'd like to see more content (with formatting of tables, paragraphs, etc)

See above.  There's a bit too much discussion going on regarding the design
to my liking.  We must first make a final decision upon the design before I
start fine tuning with CSS

>- the identation in menu is a little much (I suspect that it's not fixable
>without CSS)

Indeed.  It's HTML related.  If you check the top and bottom spacing in
different browsers you will see a LOT of difference (IE has small spacing,
NS and Opera lots).  I will implement part of the current CSS file to
adjust the menu and the content.

>- the top line above the copyright notice is thicker than it was on the
>picture and the bottom line of the navbar.

you are right.  It's only 1 pixel high. I've adjusted it.

>Bert, a while ago I've proposed an XML structure for documentation menu and
>created a sample XML/XSLT for the menu and the sample page content. You can
>use those XML files to fill in the content of the document and make your
>work a little easier. You can also modify my stylesheets to get the output
>you need. Would you like me to send them to you?

Yes please.  It will make the creation of the skin a lot easier.  I do have
a CVS checkout, isn't your doc in there?

Bert