forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: Browser checkout
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 08:00:59 GMT
Hi Rob,

At 17:12 26/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Bert,
>
>It looks decent (not fond of the design...) on the OS X (IE5.1.4, MozRC1,
>Nav6 - also used win2000IE6 as a reference). There are a few minor things:
>
>[I can send/post screen grabs if you want]
>
>1. the content area has no padding or margin between the top line of text
>and the page numbering row (light blue). They butt up to each other.

That's because I simply added text in the content part.  I did not use a
<P> or <h2> tag.  No problem.  This will be solved by itself once the real
content is put in there.

>2. there seems to be too much padding between nav items on the left in IE,
>but too little in Moz/Nav
>-- all seem to indent too much

I know, but that can't be fixed in HTML.  It's the difference in which
these browsers interpret the <ul> tag.  CSS can help here.  Besides, I was
pretty sure the menu system would be built up in a different way.  The
design from Stefano clearly suggests a dynamic menu (using client side
JavaScript?).  Any opinions from the group?

>3. text seems larger on the mac

That's normal.  The Mac will use the Helvetica font while the PC will use
the Arial one.  I will change the Arial and Helvetica fonts around.  This
should cure it.  Check my mail on browsers I'm going to send after this
one, please.

>4. there is at least one font tag

Guess you didn't finish this sentence (?)  Let me know.

>All in all it looks good. I would suggest dumping the rounded corners.
>There is no real benefit and they require many nested tables (table for
>each tab...).

Yep, it was a real challenge. I'm actually proud of the result.  At a given
point I really doubted that I was going to be able to get it done.  The
design is not an easy one and is indeed not "code friendly".