forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [CMS] What about Slide?
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 13:10:17 GMT

On Thursday, May 16, 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> I'd prefer to focus the energy on what we have (CVS, Cocoon rendering
>> static information et al.) until we have a showcase that can convince
>> infrastructure@apache.org we need access to Nagoya.
>
> Yes, you know I agree, it was just a RFC since I've heard of XIndice
> before
> on the list but not Slide.
>
> Anyway, I think that we can make a more dynamic system using what we
> have...

Agreed. Then there are developers who ask for comments, from time to
time, about building components that *may* be useful once the Cocoon
site has such infrastructure available. Shouldn't people like that get
some feedback from Forrest? Is it appropriate to plant seeds for the
future? Or should they be working on a scratchpad contribution? Or
should people like that go join another open source CMS project?

I'm just trying to understand the utility of these varying types of
discussions.

Diana