forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject [RT] XSL structure across projects -- was -->Re: HTML/CSS and graphics
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 13:26:27 GMT
Hi all,

Bert Van Kets wrote:

> I volunteered for this job.  What are your ideas on this task?

------- General XSL Structure ---------

Will  xml.apache.org projects create their own look and feel? Will all
xml.apache.org projects use the same XSL?
If used across all xml-projects, and if they create their own L&F, what
can they change (just CSS? XSL?)?
If they can create their own XSLT, perhaps there should be
xml-apache-rules (already in place?) about xsl:include vs. xsl:import
and/or using a priority attribute on a template rule to override the
base set of XSL.
-- xsl:include used for things that should never be changed (examples:
copyright, nav)
-- xsl:import used for things that can be overriden
-- or, perhaps just have the project create a high priority on a
template rule so they override the base set. This makes me think of
another question:
Is there some facility in place (or planned) to check a project
directory and see if they have XSL that should be used to override the
base set?
-- (perhaps this has already been said??) I suggest including a
'global_definitions.xsl' (or named whatever) from each of the project
sites into a base set of XSL. A project has control over the file and
can include/import/prioritize anyway they want - within the rules.
-- there would also be a global_defintions.xsl for each of the projects
in the base set of XSL. These import/include all of the common XSL. make
sense?

what do you think?

-Rob