forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Sections & anchors
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 15:17:22 GMT

Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

>This is me again making noise.
>
>I see that the latest document2html.xsl generates anchors to sections
>automatically (somebody told that he don't like automatic documents ;) ). Is
>there an idea on how to create links to those anchors? If they are generated
>during the tranformation then it's impossible to have jumps in the document
>like "See 'section 1' for this".
>
>Any idea?

I am not looking at the XSLT, but i assume it is using XPath's
generate-id()?? If so, you would use this the same way you would with a
hard-coded ID. generate-id() will give you the same value for the same
node everytime you pass through the document. For example:

<article>
   <section>
      <title>blah b;ah b;ah</title>
      <para>blah b;ah b;ah</para>
   </section>
   <section>
      <title>bloh b;oh b;oh</title>
      <para>bloh b;oh b;oh</para>
   </section>
</article>

then you can do something like:

<xsl:template match="section" mode="toc">
   <xsl:variable name="id" select="generate-id()"/>
   <ul>
         <xsl:apply-templates select="title"/>
      </a>
   </ul>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="section" mode="toc">
   <xsl:variable name="id" select="generate-id()"/>
      <a id="{$id}">
         <xsl:apply-templates select="title"/>
      </a>
</xsl:template>