forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject Re: translation of document-v10 -> v11 DTD
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 11:15:57 GMT

On Tuesday, May 14, 2002, at 11:51  PM, David Crossley wrote:

>> Clearly, new contributions should be based on v11. Why create
>> additional
>> work for ourselves down the road? I threw up what I had now, based on
>> v10, because I'm feeling under pressure to show something. I've
>> factored
>> v11 into my draft dtds, for howto, tutorial, snippet, etc.
>
> (Diana is talking about the excellent new docs in Cocoon.)
> You cannot mix document types.
I realize that isn't possible without sitemap/xslt modifications. If all
the v11 changes are merely structural, then it makes sense to batch
automate this. It wasn't clear to me how "final" the new v11 dtd
actually is, or if it might introduce some new concerns that required
manual input, that's all.

Diana