forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: Referring to ressources and Topic Maps
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 06:49:50 GMT
On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 09:55:02PM +0200, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Hello forresters,
> My idea was to formalize the ressources.xml into providing a mapping
> from abstract ressource names to URLs, both for internal and external
> ressources. This sounds like a topic map. However, a formal topic map
> lacks a section structure and inline description.

That would rock :)

Today, a mini-TM to map abstract resources to concrete locations..
Tomorrow, a TM per project, defining concepts in the documentation..
Then add some cross-project TMs defining global concepts..
.. and you could merge them all together, and create some impressive
'What's Related' links alongside every page.

--Jeff