forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Browser checkout
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 05:57:28 GMT
Bert Van Kets wrote:
> Hi all,
> before I go on optimizing the page I created, I would like you to test it
> on your browsers and report me the problems you get.  If possible send a
> screendump please.
> So far it's been tested on Netscape 4.08, Opera 5, Opera 6, IE5.0, IE 6,
> Mozilla RC2 and lynx 2.8.3.  The page and text are perfectly scalable and
> viewable with images off.  No CSS has been used so far, but I suggest it is
> used for the content and the menu only (CSS1 only, of course).
> You can find it at http://www.dream-models.com/forrest/
> I am curious for your reactions.
> Bert

Thanks Bert, it displays and re-sizes fine for me on Linux with
Mozilla-0.9.9 and Netscape 4.79

I have not done any real testing, just a quick look with my eyes.
Nor have i worried too much about the HTML code at this stage.

I added some more dummy text into menu items, page content, and
a link to search help in the search box. The various components
of the page do re-size themselves properly to accommodate this.

I do agree with Rob, that there is no need for complex rounded
corners. I will start a separate discussion about the general
look-and-feel.

--David