forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Forrest HTML
Date Sun, 26 May 2002 03:14:50 GMT
Bert Van Kets wrote:
> Robert Koberg wrote:
>
> >There are alot of platforms and browsers to cover. Does this need to work
> >on all of them? What is the criteria to exclude a platform/browser from
> >the accepted list? There should really be some statistics as to what of
> >types of browsers are coming to apache.
>
> The logs of the webserver can provide that info.  Who do we need to call
> upon for this one??

At one stage in early Forrest, there were some people working
on automated graphs of server and project statistics. During
that discussion there was talk of access to certain logfiles
and summaries. I tried to find the discussion, but no luck.
Here is one bit ...
Re: Graph data
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=101431895118362

However, do we really need to know? Will browser and OS statistics
actually help us? I think not. Let us stick to the cleanest
(X)HTML code that we can manage with our powerful tools.

--David