forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: double height?
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 23:54:25 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> John Morrison wrote:
>
> > Does anybody else see the light-blue margin just above the
> > title "Mailing List Archive"
> > (http://localhost:8080/xml-forrest/mail-archives.html)
> > to be twice (approx ;) of any of the other's? (eg
> > http://localhost:8080/xml-forrest/mail-lists.html)
>
> It's an issue caused by the use of colspans in our tables. I had some very
> senior graphic designer look into it, and she advised me to redo the
> layout using nested tables instead. Work ahead for us ;-)

However, i recall us having a discussion about the horrors
of nested tables. I cannot remember if that was here or on
cocoon-dev.

WIth this issue that John raises, i see another/different cause.
It is because the page has minimal content. To prove this i
simply added a <ul> with about 20 dummy <li> which filled
up the page. The top light-blue margin is back to normal.
--David